Sunday, January 18, 2009

Double Business

"Double ____ " [duhb-uh l] - adjectival phrase/noun (depending on use) : When used before a word of any type it is meant to suggest a value of twice the normal value of that which it modifies. Sometimes, it is used in such a way as to imply an even greater, but somehow unquantifiable, modification of value.

"Man, I am going to be double fucked if I can't get my car to start before work tomorrow."

"This pie is so good, it's like double pie."

"If that guy shows his face around here again, I'm not just gonna give him the business, I'll give him the DOUBLE business!"

"Double plus ____"
[duhb-uh l pluhs] - adjectival phrase/noun (depending on use) : Meant to imply an increase in value superior to that of merely "double" the original value. Adds a definitive unquantifiable modifier to the previous sentiment of "double".

"Holy shit, this pie is double plus delicious! I believe I just had a flavor-splosion!"

"Double plus good/bad _____"
[duhb-uh l pluhs goo d] - adjectival phrase/noun (depending on use) : For the rare situations when even "double plus" is insufficient to truly drive home the order of magnitude to which the value modification must be pushed to accurately represent a sentiment.

"I had been in a coma for three years until one day my doctor force fed me a bite of key lime pie that was so double plus good that I was not only revived but spontaneosly knew how to play the piano."

No comments:

Post a Comment