Thursday, January 15, 2009

Scrambaculence

Scrambaculence [scram-back-yuh-luh ns] - noun: The quality or state of events such that seemingly impossible or highly improbable outcomes occur (or are guarenteed to occur) for the sake of hilarity, to such a degree as to imply the existence of a higher power who is very bored.

"I had had one drink before I decided to drive home. One of my friends had somehow managed to leave an open beer in my car, so I decided to throw it out the window. First I checked to make sure that no one was around to see me , but through sheer scrambaculence I somehow managed to throw it right through the open window of a cop car that had just pulled up beside me. Needless to say, the cop had just come from a meeting of alcoholics annonymous."

Adjective form - scrambaculent

1 comment:

  1. I came up with the word "scrambaculence" in early 2008 but had never managed to adequately define it. As usual, Devon picked up my slack. Good on you, D.

    ReplyDelete